When Listing your home FOR SALE, are you showing it in the best possible light?
Do you know where you are losing a buyer’s interest?
Visual distractions are one of the biggest hindrances to a buyer being able to really see your home and it’s features.
Here are some of the common distractions:
- Life clutter
- Family memories including photos, artwork on the fridge, awards
- Excessive wall hangings, or having them incorrectly hung.
- Extra TV’s and DVD equipment and Gaming devices, DVD’s etc in excess.
- Dark or bright paint colors or designs on the walls, including decals, names on doors, stickers on windows
- Excessive plants and knick -knacks
- Many pieces of furniture, not from the same sets
- Excess toys or sports equipment
- Many pieces of lawn furniture and equipment scattered over the yard
- Overstuffed garages and front porches
Don’t forget the seasonal decorations that weren’t taken down all year.
Buyers eyes are already overwhelmed going into many people’s homes and trying to take it all in.
Remember this: It all becomes a blur to buyers after a while and they will forget what they saw from home to home. You can stay top of their mind by taking care of all this prior to listing. Then your home is a breath of fresh air for them and they will fall in love with it, because THEY CAN SEE IT!!
In addition to updates and proper pricing, Staging a home brings in better offers than not staging it, So clean, repair and stage your home, price it correctly with an Honest and Integrity based Agent, and see results fast. You will be glad you did!
*** For Edmonton’s best project planning and contractor management, painting, fixtures updates, facelift renovations, and Staging. http://stageandsell.ca/ Jill Gargus 780-452-4527 Information Shared courtesy of "Simply Irresistible Interiors Inc."